Consultancy & Development
As an experienced and trusted property developer, SPS is equipped to deliver a complete set of services to landowners, property investors and buyers alike. Flexible and responsive to market needs, the range of expertise of SPS extends to the following areas:
- Consulting, including the preparation of Strategic Development Plans (Master Plans) for land utilisation and development of small, medium and large land holdings.
- Land development, including so-called “morcellements” and gated communities
- Development of residential/commercial properties and offices individually or mixed-use
- Estate Agency Services
- Implementation of Real Estate Schemes (RES), Integrated Resort Schemes (IRS) which is now Property Development Scheme (PDS) and Invest Hotel Schemes (IHS) as per Mauritius Government approved property development schemes
SPS offers a wide range of consulting services, including:
- Evaluation of present land utilisation in relation to long term government plans as defined in the National Physical Development Plan (NPDP) and the Outline Schemes published by the Town & Country Planning Board
- Identification of sites which have potential for projects such as housing, industry, shopping complex, warehousing, offices, business parks, social amenities, leisure, or tourism
- Preparation and submission of representations to the authorities for the purpose ofrezoning
- Advice to clients and negotiation with the authorities in order of proposed compulsory acquisition of land
- Preparation of feasibility studies on specific property developments
- Preparation, submission and follow up of Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) reports to obtain EIA licenses for property development projects
- Preparation of development plans, duly signed by a land surveyor, for submission to the relevant authorities in the context of an application for subdivision of land (“morcellement”)
- Submission of the plans and reports and their follow through to obtain the necessary permits and clearances from the Ministries and various local authorities concerned
- Preparation of tender documents for submission to eventual contractors, evaluation of quotations and advice on selection of contractors for the infrastructural works
- Supervision and coordination of all sites works to ensure compliance with prevailing requirements and conditions of Ministries and authorities concerned
- Liaison with the consultant engineer for certification of all payments to contractors
- Assistance in raising of funds and liaising with financial institutions, including the preparation of cash flow forecasts and budgets
- Promotion, marketing, and sale of the entire project, including the appointment of sales agents if required
- Liaison with the land surveyors and notaries for the sale of land to third parties
- Collection of sale proceeds and follow up of debtors and interest on credit sales
- Keeping of accounting records and preparation of all mandatory returns
- SPS has all the expertise required to deliver turnkey residential projects, other than under RES, whether on a stand-alone basis or integrated with commercial and/or leisure facilities.
- Residential and mixed-use properties can be developed to cater for any specific market segment, from low to middle and high-income groups.
- We advise promoters and landowners on the type, dimension, and market positioning of the residential or commercial project best suited for the concerned location and take end-to-end responsibility for development and marketing.
- As an extension to our real estate consultancy and property development activity, we provide estate agency services to our existing base of clients and new clients, helping with the sale or resale of plots of land and residential and commercial units.
- Our mission is to provide an outstanding level of service and expertise in the real estate market, focusing on and fulfilling all client requirements and establishing the agency as one of the preferred real estate companies in Mauritius. As an agency, we also provide one-on-one specialized services, offering transactional help and support to buyers, sellers, landowners, and investors, be it local or international.